10 outstanding events in 2020 of Vietnam Women's Union
- A series of extensive political activities "Keeping faith with the Party" throughout the year, specially consultation workshops of members and women on draft documents of the 13th National Party Congress with about 1.2 million turns of comments.
Member of the Politburo, Secretary of the Party Central Committee, Head of the Central People's Mobilization Committee Truong Thi Mai attended the consultation workshop on contents related to the draft Party Congress Documents, which jointly organized by the Vietnam Women's Union and the Vietnam Women's Intellectual Association. Photo: Duong Ha
- The special emulation "90 practical actions for women and children" deployed nationwide with focus on building works, models for the community, supporting livelihoods, economic development; safety for women and children. As a result, 223 collectives and individuals with typical practical actions were introduced to the Central VWU to commend and reward.
The model of safe apartment by the Women's Union of Bac Tu Liem district (Hanoi) won the 1st prize of the idea contest "Building a safe city for women and children". Photo: Hai Yen
- Actively mobilizing and supporting women to effectively prevent covid-19 pandemic: Music live show "STAY STRONG VIETNAM" with 217,500 communication events, distributing nearly 4,000,000 leaflets; more than 1,315,000 news and articles; mobilized VND 92.19 billion to support pandemic prevention and control work.
Mong ethnic women in Yen Bai highlands responded to the movement "Yen Bai women join hands to sew and distribute 100,000 free masks to prevent Covid-19 pandemic". Photo: Yen Bai Women's Union.
- Mobilizing members and women to participate in recovery activities of natural disasters and climate change's effects, especially the consequences of floods in the Central region with VND 53.8 billion in cash and items.
The Banh chung and Banh Tet are prepared by women members in Binh Tan district (Ho Chi Minh City) to support people of the Central region. Photo by Nguyen Trang
- The series of “Ao Dai – Vietnamese cultural heritage” event with many exciting activities at all levels: "Ao Dai Week" from March 2 to 8, 2020; the campaign to design Ao Dai with the theme "Proud of Vietnamese Ao Dai" (534 works); beautiful photo online contest; donating Ao Dai to women in difficult circumstances ... Especially, twenty-one collections of Ao Dai (Vietnamese traditional long dress), which featured world cultural heritages of Vietnam, were introduced to the public at Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam (the Temple ofLiterature) on June 28.
Performing at the Ao Dai Trang An festival by more than 500 women on Ho Guom Walking Street (Hanoi) on November 29, 2020. Photo: Truong Hung
- The program “Supporting women in border and island areas” contributes to improving the quality of life of women and children in border areas, especially "Tet of Love" in border and difficult communes with nearly 5.8 billion gifts and cash.
Four women households with extremely difficult circumstances in Then Chu Phin commune (Hoang Su Phi, Ha Giang) were awarded the Love Shelter. Photo: Lan Huong
- The 90th anniversary of the establishment of the Vietnam Women's Union and its 4th National Patriotic Emulation Congress honored 335 typical collectives and individuals. On this occasion, the VWU received the First Class Labor Medal. The advanced typical conferences at all WU praised 231,761 collectives and individuals, awarded certificates of merit to 22,306 outstanding collectives and individuals in implementing the VWU's emulation movements.
Politburo member, Standing Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong (R) presents flowers to congratulate VWU’s leaders
- Advocating for gender mainstreaming in the National Target Program (NTP) for sustainable development of ethnic minority and extremely difficult mountainous areas period 2020-2030 and for New Rural Construction. The VWU is assigned by the Government to build and implement the project "Achieving gender equality and solving urgent issues towards women and children" in the NTP for sustainable development of ethnic minorities and mountainous areas and "Strengthening of gender equality measures" which is a task in the NTP for New Rural Construction.
Director of Red Dao Community Co-operative in Ta Phin village Tan Ta May met Australian Ambassador to Vietnam Robyn Mudie. Photo: Quynh Phuong
- The Festival for outstanding head of local Women's Union in 7 emulation groups had awarded 345 outstanding representative in the total of 88,839 head of local WU, which is also a forum to share their experiences in VWU's work.
VWU President Ha Thi Nga awarded the title of National outstanding head of local WU in 2020 to Ms. Do Thi Nhung (Man Duc town, Tan Lac, Hoa Binh). Photo: Van Long
- Women's Start-up Day is held in almost all provinces/cities to support the realization of 4,098 women's projects/ideas; training, guidance and counseling to connect credit sources of over 115 billion for nearly 17,000 women. The Central VWU held a Women's Start-up Day under the theme “Women Creative Start-up - Successful Connection”, supporting the implementation of 68 selected excellent projects (including 23 projects of people with disabilities) out of 922 exam projects with the total amount of over VND 8 billion.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, VWU President Ha Thi Nga and VWU Vice President Do Thi Thu Thao giving awards at the ceremony