VWU’s activities in action month for gender equality and gender-based violence prevention 2022
1. On the morning of December 2, the VWU held a seminar and opened the Exhibition: Escaping from “Safe Places" at the Vietnam Women's Museum to discuss solutions and commitments to stop gender-based violence against women and children, especially in their own homes, which are still considered “safe places”.
Delegates share their viewpoints
Ribbon-cutting ceremony opens the Exhibition Escaping from “Safe Places″
Visitors at the Exhibition
2. On the morning of November 30, 2022, the event "White Ribbon Breakfast" with the theme "Ensuring respect and safety in supporting returned women and children victims of trafficking and unsafe migration”" organized by the Center for Women and Development, Vietnam Women’s Union in collaboration with the Department of Drugs and Crime prevention, the Vietnam Border Guard and the UN Women with the support from the Australian Government.
Delegates at the event
Delegates spread the event’s message "Respect and Safety"
3. On November 26, the Central VWU in collaboration with the Thanh Hoa Women's Union organized an activity "Communication, legal consultation associated with the mock trial on prevention and control of women and children’s harassement” in Lang Chanh district, Thanh Hoa province.
4. Da Nang Women's Union organized a theatrical communication program "Safety for women and children".
Theatrical performance "safety for women and children"
5. On November 22, 2022, the Women's Union of Bao Yen district (Lao Cai province) coordinated with the district People's Court to organize a mock trial on child marriage and sexual abuse prevention in Thuong Ha and Xuan Thuong communes (Bao Yen district).
At the mock trial
Comunicating and mobilizing people to say no to cousin marriage in Bao Yen
6. On December 3, 2022, Thua Thien Hue Women's Union launched an event to respond to the Action Month for Gender Equality and gender-based violence prevention in 2022.
6 community communication groups were established
7. On the morning of November 16, 2022, Ho Chi Minh City Women's Union launched the "Action Month for Gender Equality and Gender-Based Violence Prevention in 2022".
Participants respond to the call for action.
Training on "Gender awareness raising communication on gender and gender-based violence prevention and response".